Learning Necessary Fundamentals (Ages 5-7)
Junior Essentials I is the first level of group instruction offered at TGP. Its primary focus is to get young golfers excited about learning and participating in the sport. We nurture this excitement by using a variety of non-traditional learning strategies to assist our junior golfers on their path to discovery. Junior Essentials I addresses and instills these fundamentals through thoughtful instruction with a concentration of deliberate game-play that will entertain and challenge your junior golfer.
Winter Phase II Session
January 22 – March 18, 2018
Classes: Sundays 1:15pm – 2:15pm | Mondays 4:15pm – 5:15pm
Location: “The Cube” Indoor Training Facility
Make-up Class: Player may attend another Junior Essentials I class if space allows.
Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 4:1
This program focuses on golf fundamentals, including:
- Proper grip and hand/wrist articulation. Students will explore various hand positions and deliveries so that the club can be swung and delivered squarely to the ball.
- Establishing a setup routine. Junior golfers will begin to develop the necessary parts of a pre-shot routine through an introduction to The Golf Practice’s unique setup method, which includes properly gripping the club, addressing the ball, and aiming the clubface.
- Correct alignment. Students will learn how to position their body and the clubface to the desired target.
- Swing basics. Students will explore how the golf club rotates around the body to produce a strong and steady swing from start to finish. Equipped with the proper grip, alignment, and understanding of the swing, junior golfers are now ready to make solid contact with the ball.
- 8 hours of group instruction
- Program Tee Gift
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.