Varsity Prep Invitation Only
The Elite Skills II (ESP II) program is designed for experienced high school golfers. This invitation-only program who are interested in competing at the varsity level and being a leader on their respective team. Participants should have a strong desire to play competitively, be serious about learning, and have demonstrated a dedication to improving their game which includes body and mind. These golfers are well on their way towards understanding their abilities and what it takes to achieve their individual goals. We will provide them with the knowledge and resources to practice efficiently and effectively in order to get the most out of their time and effort. ESP II classes meet twice per week, and each class is 90 minutes.
For the Spring Session, classes will begin at our indoor facility (i.e., “The Cube”) but will move outside to Deerfield Golf Club once the weather permits.
2019 Spring Session (7 Weeks)
Due to cold weather and early sunsets in the Spring, we will be holding class on Tuesdays and Thursdays to start the Spring session, and we will move to Mondays and Wednesdays on May 6 to allow for outdoor training prior to sunset.
Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays
Dates: Thursday, April 11 – Thursday, May 2, 2019
Time: 7:45pm – 9:15pm
Location: “The Cube” Indoor Training Facility in Highland Park (MAP)
Days: Mondays & Wednesdays
Dates: Monday, May 6 – Monday, May 27, 2019
Time: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Location: Deerfield Golf Club (MAP)
** Make-up class will be held on May 29, 2019.
** Payment plans available.
- 21 total hours of group training
- One 60-minute private lesson
- Written evaluation at end of session
- Program tee gift
Tournaments: Students participating in the Elite Skills II program are invited to compete in weekly tournaments against other area teams. Tournaments will be held every Saturday from April 20 – May 18, 2019.
Think your junior golfer belongs in the Elite Skills II Program?
To schedule a free evaluation, contact us at email@example.com.
This program will provide students with:
- Productive practice techniques. Students will learn how to plan practice sessions in order to achieve specific goals and how to effectively utilize training tools and resources to accurately measure progress and success.
- Greater understanding of their emotions and mental strength. Students will be taught strategies for accepting and embracing the difficulties and frustrations that often accompany learning. This is done with mindfulness, a training that leads to being present to our experiences more often and cultivating the capacity to let go of disappointments, frustrations, anger and anxiety, more quickly.
- Monitoring progress. All too often, good students will have a tendency to over-correct a swing concept or have technique that begins to shift in a bad direction without the player being aware. This program will equip students with the necessary mental resources to notice these clues and fix them before harm is done.
- Sports performance training. Each practice will consist of a functional golf work out component that will help students with strength, agility, swing speed, and endurance, as well as total body conditioning.
- Advanced swing analysis. Instructors will work with students to develop individual swing projects that are customized to the student’s biomechanics, and students will learn how to effectively practice these new movement patterns and understand their progression.
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more advanced programs within a 12-month period will
receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication.
Each golf bag will include a customized logo and the player’s name.
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.