Learning Necessary Fundamentals (Ages 5-7)
Junior Essentials I is the first level of group instruction offered at TGP. Its primary focus is to get young golfers excited about learning and participating in the sport. We nurture this excitement by using a variety of non-traditional learning strategies to assist our junior golfers on their path to discovery. JE I addresses and instills these fundamentals through thoughtful instruction with a concentration of deliberate gameplay that will entertain and challenge your junior golfer. Classes are held once per week, and each class is one hour long.
2019 Fall: Phase II Session (6 Weeks)
Junior Essentials I: Wednesday Class
Dates: Wednesday, September 4 – Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Time: 4:15pm – 5:15pm
Location: Canal Shores Golf Course in Evanston, IL (MAP)
Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 4:1
Make-up Policy: Make-up class on October 16, 2019.
This program focuses on golf fundamentals, including:
- Proper grip and hand/wrist articulation. Students will explore various hand positions and deliveries so that the club can be swung and delivered squarely to the ball.
- Establishing a setup routine. Junior golfers will begin to develop the necessary parts of a pre-shot routine through an introduction to The Golf Practice’s unique setup method, which includes properly gripping the club, addressing the ball, and aiming the clubface.
- Correct alignment. Students will learn how to position their body and the clubface to the desired target.
- Swing basics. Students will explore how the golf club rotates around the body to produce a strong and steady swing from start to finish. Equipped with the proper grip, alignment, and understanding of the swing, junior golfers are now ready to make solid contact with the ball.
- 6 hours of group instruction
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.