Learning Necessary Fundamentals (Ages 5-7)
Junior Essentials I (ages 5-7) is the first level of group programming offered at The Golf Practice. The program’s goal is to get young golfers excited about learning and participating in the sport. We nurture this excitement by using a variety of non-traditional tools to assist our junior golfers on their path to discovery.
JE I classes meet once per week, and each class is 60 minutes.
Fall 2018 Session (6 Weeks)
Dates: Wednesday, August 15 – Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Time: Every Wednesday from 4:15 – 5:15pm
Location: Canal Shores Golf Course (MAP)
Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 5:1
This program focuses on golf fundamentals, including:
- Proper grip and hand/wrist articulation. Students will explore various hand positions and deliveries so that the club can be swung and delivered squarely to the ball.
- Establishing a setup routine. Junior golfers will begin to develop the necessary parts of a pre-shot routine through an introduction to The Golf Practice’s unique setup method, which includes properly gripping the club, addressing the ball, and aiming the clubface.
- Correct alignment. Students will learn how to position their body and the clubface to the desired target.
- Swing basics. Students will explore how the golf club rotates around the body to produce a strong and steady swing from start to finish. Equipped with the proper grip, alignment, and understanding of the swing, junior golfers are now ready to make solid contact with the ball.
- 6 hours of group instruction
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.