Taking It to the Course
The Junior Travel League is the fourth step in our Junior Development Series. This program is geared toward young golfers who have demonstrated basic playing skills, primary understanding of rules and etiquette, have previous golf course experience, and have an interest in competitive golf. Understanding the rules of the game takes on a larger role with weekly review and discussion of on-course rules situations. The Travel program introduces playing skills that are imperative for competitive play and puts them to the test in North Shore Travel League matches. Additionally, these golfers are developing as thoughtful students of the game, challenging their own abilities through well intentioned practice.
Fall Semester // August 22 – October 12 (8 weeks)
Playing Skills Covered:
- Pre-Shot Routine – Juniors will continue to build a consistent pre-shot routine that allows them to analyze and prepare for each shot which is needed to perform under pressure.
- Course Strategy – We will work with each student on strategically planning for on-course play which includes knowledge of individual club distance awareness.
- Recovery Shots – Each player will be taught specialty shots that can be utilized when getting into trouble areas on the golf course
- Competitive Playing Procedures – Learn the more advanced nuances of rules and etiquette that come with tournament play
- 24 hrs of Group Training
- (5) 9 hole Tournaments
- Blue Golf Account (online scoring)
- Program Gift – Team Uniform
- Team Coach at Tournaments
TGP Bag Program:
- If over the course of a 12 month period a junior participates in 3 or more sessions they will receive a personalized Golf Bag compliments of The Golf Practice as a thank you for their participation. Bags will include customized logo and players name.
The Golf Practice partners with US Kids Golf