Taking it to the Course (Ages 8-10)
Travel League I is the fourth step in TGP’s Junior Development Series and is intended to be an introduction to competitive golf. Travel League is geared toward young golfers who have demonstrated basic playing skills, a primary understanding of rules and etiquette, have previous golf course experience, and have an interest in competitive golf. Travel League golfers will be coached to be thoughtful students of the game while challenging their own abilities through well-intentioned practice. Students will have an understanding of their specific golf projects and how they can utilize various resources to properly measure their progress and experiences.
For the Spring Session, classes will begin at our indoor facility (i.e., “The Cube”) but will move outside to Deerfield Golf Club once the weather permits.
Spring Session (7 Weeks)
Dates: Thursday, April 11 – Tuesday, May 28, 2019
** Make-up class will be held on May 30, 2019.
Time: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:15 – 5:45pm
Student-to-Teacher Ratio: 4:1
** Payment plans available.
- 21 total hours of group instruction
- One 30-minute private lesson
- Written evaluation at end of session
- Program tee gift
Tournaments: Students participating in the Travel League program are invited to compete in weekly tournaments against other area teams. Tournaments will be held every Saturday from April 20 – May 18, 2019.
This program focuses on helping players develop:
- A reliable pre-shot routine. Junior golfers will continue to build a consistent pre-shot routine that allows them to analyze and prepare for each shot, which is a skill that is needed to successfully perform under pressure.
- Wedging skills. Students will gain an understanding of how to execute a proper wedge shot and how to vary their shot trajectory through their setup and stroke.
- Putting technique. Students will continue to develop their grip and postures to allow for a free-moving putting stroke, and they will work on various drills to isolate the skills specific to putting (e.g., reading greens, clubface alignment, solid contact, and speed management).
- Recovery shots. Each player will be taught specialty shots that can be utilized when trying to escape trouble areas on the golf course.
- Competitive playing procedures. Players will learn more advanced rules and the nuances of golf etiquette that are required in tournament competition.
TGP’s Golf Bag Program
Junior golfers who participate in three or more advanced programs within a 12-month period
will receive a complimentary and personalized golf bag as a recognition of their dedication.
Each golf bag will include a customized TGP logo and the player’s name.
The Golf Practice is a proud partner of U.S. Kids Golf.